Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Birthday Party and The Bane Bane Game

We had an awesome time at Gavin's birthday party! We played, we ate, we painted our faces to look like The Cat In The Hat and we just celebrated being 3!

The birthday boy and the decorations...which don't look so fantastic, since the wind kept blowing them all away!




A little playground fun!







Cake and some cats...







The Bane Bane Game
In an earlier post, I wrote about the way I was inspired to play the Bane Bane game. After I read Bane's blog about his birthday celebration, I knew the only thing that mattered was celebrating Gavin, and not all the stuff. It is not worth the stress and fuss...it is enough to get to have my sweet boy in our lives.

I thought about how Bane's mom and dad must be some incredible people to celebrate his special day in a way to help others...I thought I would like to try and do the same. So, here's what we did...we sent out the party invites with a note about Bane and how to read about his story on his blog. Then we asked all of our sweet friends to take the money they would have used to buy a gift and donate it to the Banebow Foundation. This way Bane's family can help others in need and tell about their sweet son. I am so excited that we have such great friend and family...not only did they donate they gave gifts too! Thanks to all!

No comments: