Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Moving On

Today, my sweet little boy graduated from Little School. How did he get so big? Where did 5 years go? I am so proud of my little guy! He is more than excited to be going to "big school" I however, am NOT! I feel like I need more time with him. More time to hug him a little more, hold him a little more, say "I love you" a little more and just play with him a little more. He is the middle child and I have no idea if he feels like a "Middle Child" but, I feel like we treat him like he is... we do not do this internally, its just the way it is. Garrett required so much extra time and had so many more needs than Grant, I felt blessed that Grant was content to spend his days waiting on his brother while he went to speech, OT or whatever therapy we were doing that day. Then, Gavin came along just 14 days before Grant turned 3...Grant has disliked having a brother from the moment he came into the world. Guess he felt like he didn't have time to have all the attention on him, and he is right. At the time when I spent my days at home with a special needs 5 year old, a 3 year old who was always quiet, and happy to just play by himself, and a new born, it was easy to let him be the one who got the least amount of my time. That being said...I NEVER loved him less, he is my smart child, my funny child, and his laugh is the sound that can make me laugh no matter what! He is sneaky, quiet, small and a little shy, he has the most beautiful face I have ever seen. He is prefect! I love you Grant Parker and I am so very proud of the big boy you have become. Get ready for 3 months of non stop hugs and kisses!


No comments: