Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bane



I did not know the sweet face of this little boy...
I do not know his parents...
I do know a few members of his family and a few of his friends...
They would post about this sweet boy on their blogs and I would read about him... then I started reading his blog.

I have thought about him and his family many times...I have talked about him and his family many times.

I never intended to post anything about this game or him, simply because, what would I say... I don't know them and they don't know me.

I did however intend to play this Bane Bane game and keep it to myself...but that was before I knew how they would inspire me on just how to play.

I have NEVER been so in awe of anyone. This mother and father are living what every parent would say is their worst fear. Yet, they bring hope to others, they lift up everyone around them, even people like me who they have never met. Through their darkest days they have brought light to others. After I read their story, I feel I have been changed forever. If they can be so brave to face each new day, then I can
be brave enough to post on my blog and share their story and how it changed me.

I am blessed to be the mother of three gifts from God. These boys are my world and the greatest blessings I will ever know. Two of these blessing have birthdays in October. Tonight, I sat stressing about their birthday parties. Where to have it, when to have it, who to invite, what kind of theme to have. I took a break from the planning and stress and checked the blogs of my friends...that is when I read the story of how they plan to celebrate Bane's first birthday.

I read the story on their blog and cried. Here I was stressing over a party that my child will be at, and they are planning one that theirs won't, and their plan to do good to honor their baby. How much we all take for granted. I will not stress anymore... I will celebrate my son and honor theirs.

I am not ready just yet to say how this will happen. I do know what I plan to do and how I plan to do it, but I would rather share it with you when it happens.

I was given the gift of a son with a HUGE heart that cares for everyone. I shared
Bane's story with him tonight and how Bane's parents were helping others. He replied with "That's what community is all about" then he inspired me on how I would help with a comment he made. So, follow the link and read about Bane...I promise you will never be the same.

3 comments:

Amanda Pilkinton said...

very sweet post!

Jenny said...

Oh, I can not wait to hear what your Bane Bane Game will be.

Banebow said...

oh thank you. thank you for reading about my precious son & for letting God work His wonders through you. will wait anxiously to hear what God has in store...
link it up to bane's blog so others can read too.
gratefully,
sonya